Upon returning from World War II, where he learned to cook and bake, Fred Galloway, with his wife Marjorie, opened up a luncheonette in Bronxville, NY in the early 1950's. In addition to other items, Fred and Marjorie sold pie by the slice. The pies became such a hit with the customers that they continually asked to buy whole pies. Recognizing the popularity of the pies, in 1956 Galloway's opened up solely as a bakery in Hartsdale, NY. In 1962, Galloway's moved to its current location in Scarsdale, NY. Bob, Fred's son, and his wife Patti purchased the business in 1976 and have successfully owned and operated it since. 2016 marks 60 years in business.