The cupboard-sized space—in an unassuming spot tucked between White Plains Road and Scarsdale’s village proper—isn’t the only reason the line can stretch down the sidewalk at this half-century-old bakery, open only Firday through Sunday.
Open only on weekends, this American-style bakery originated from a luncheonette in Bronxville in 1950 that sold pie slices. But 12 years later the luncheonette moved to Scarsdale and became Galloway's Bakery.
In the early 1950’s, Galloway’s opened as a luncheonette in Bronxville. At that time, they served pie by the slice. The pies were so fantastic, that customers continually asked to buy an entire pie. With the demand for pie being sky high, in 1956, Galloway’s opened as a bakery on Central Avenue in Hartsdale.